Stabilitrak or the tractions controls are safe for your car. But if you are going through the steep icy hell or getting out of the snow, your vehicle might get stuck! And this is why you need to learn how to turn off StabiliTrak.
In such complicated situations, if you don’t disable the StabiliTrak, the car will reduce power. And to get your car out of that, you will need added momentum. Turning off the it will help you tackle the situation!
Here, we have come up with several processes of disabling this. The method varies from car to car and model to model. However, we have tried to mention all the available cars. Check out the methods, they will surely help.
Turning off Stabilitrak in Different Cars
Turning off StabiliTrak is one of the most asked questions by the vehicle owners. Let’s know how to disable traction control on your device!
FIAT, RAM, Dodge Jeep, and Chrysler
- When your engine is running but your vehicle is stopped, you have to go through this process.
- All you need to do is press the ESC button. Keep your hands there for about 5 seconds.
- As an outcome, you will listen to a chime. After this, on the instrument cluster, you will see ESC OFF.
Chevrolet and GMC
- In the case of the GMC or Chevrolet, you have to press the center button. Go through the button in the center stack. In the car with wiggly lines, you can see this easily!
- All you have to do is press the button and hold it. After holding it for a few seconds, you will see that the traction control lights.
- Check the instrument lister and you will see it. After this, a DIC message will be displayed there. If you have a GMC Sierra 2018, you can easily understand what we are talking about.
- After this, you don’t need to do anything. The Stabilitrak of the car will turn on automatically.
- It will happen if your vehicle exceeds 56 km/h. Also, you must know that the traction control will be switched off too.
- If you won a Toyota, you will be glad that the process is far easier! There is a VSC button on your Toyota.
- Get your hand on that and push it. Don’t release it fast, keep holding it for a few seconds.
- And this will do the work! It will disable the VSC along with the TRAC! After completing the process, you will see the VSC OFF message along with the TRAC OFF indicators.
If you own a Ford or identical cars, you can go through this process of turning off the traction control. However, the whole process also depends on the model of your Ford.
- To turn the Stabilitrak off, first of all, you have to press the traction control button. After pressing you, you release it immediately.
- Keep holding the control button for a while. This will disable the traction control.
- However, in some cases, you have to go through the menu of the car. The steering wheel controls will play important roles here. With the help of the steering wheel controls on the cluster of the instrument, you have made your way.
- Look at the left part of the steering wheel. Here, you have to go through the black arrow and press it. This arrow usually faces the left.
- After doing this, you have to scroll down again with the help of the down arrow. All you need to do is find the SETTINGS.
- After you have reached the SETTINGS, select OK. When you’re done with this, you will get some other options.
- From the options, you have to select the DRIVER ASSIST. But in this situation, remember that you are pressing the OK button again.
- When you have pressed it, you will see the TRACTION CONTROL option before you.
- You are done with the process. All you need to do is check the steering wheel again and then push OK!
If you own Volkswagen’s or identical cars, the process can be a little different. Let us tell you how you can disable the traction control in your car.
- First of all, you have to turn your car into accessory mode. Here, make sure that you have to keep the ignition on. But you do not need to turn on the engine.
- Now that you are done with the accessory mode, you have to go through the lights. Get your hands on the hazard warning lights.
- If you don’t know what it means then don’t worry. All you need to do is find out the triangle button.
- Push this triangle button. As a result, the hazard warning lights will get turned on. Now you can move onto the next step.
- When you have completed turning on the hazard warning lights, you have to take initiative to press the gas pedals. Start by pressing the gas pedal once.
- And then repeat the process 4 times more. Altogether, you have to press the gas pedal 5 times.
- As a result of pressing the gas pedal, the car will move forward. It will move up to 5 feet. And then, the TC will turn back on without any further work. It will be done automatically by the car.
- However, this will not happen in every VW’s. There will be differences according to the model of your VW’s.
Note: When you work for disabling the StabiliTrak, you have to go through the regular safety features of your car again.
In most cases, some of the safety features of the car get deactivated if you do this process. If you have a trailer sway control, it will get deactivated. So, all you need to do is re-activate them again to enjoy safe journeys.
Now that you know how to turn off Stabilitrak, you can easily go through the settings of your device and do it. You do not need any helping hand for the process. But make sure you check the safety features afterwards.
Comment below a note on the name of your car and the process of disabling the StabiliTrak on your car. Also, don’t forget to check out how our mentioned method worked on you! Share your experience with us.